English Toastmasters Association
Code of Ethics
The members of The English Toastmasters Association share a common commitment through this statement of ethical practices to promote the highest possible standards of professional conduct.
Each member of The English Toastmasters Association undertakes the following:
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner and perform competently and to the highest standards at all time.
- I will refrain from participating in any alcoholic beverages whilst working for my clients.
- I will present or supply services honestly and without misrepresentation, avoiding the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
- I will earn, establish and maintain a reputation for giving excellent quality service.
- I will render proper, fair, reasonable and efficient services to my clients.
- I will deal promptly with any issues and endeavour to make every client an advocate for my services.
- I will advise every client, as I would wish to be advised, if I were a client.
- I will make every service a brick in the foundation of confidence, without which, no organisation can be permanently successful.
- I will recognise that other members will compete for business within lawful practice.
- I will refrain from discriminatory practices.
- I will maintain the highest level of safety for all services rendered.
- I will support the development of professional standards and practices through appropriate training.
- I will be responsive to and available for clients before, during and after the event.
- I will hold adequate public liability insurance. (Members are required to provide evidence od such insurance on request and are covered by The Associations PLP of £5,000,000.00).
- I will support the Association by taking an active role in The English Toastmasters Association activities and promoting the Association to the Profession.
- I will represent myself as a member of The English Toastmasters Association only whilst a current member.
- I will maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the Association and its membership.
- I recognise the authority of The English Toastmasters Association in all matters relating to the interpretation of this code of ethics.
This Code of Ethics is a guideline and does not represent the entire scope of good conduct and ethical behaviour. Acceptance of and adherence to this Code is a condition of membership.